목양칼럼 8| 부족함과 허물의 아름다움 > 목양칼럼

본문 바로가기

목양칼럼 8| 부족함과 허물의 아름다움

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 PMBC
댓글 0건 조회 1,498회 작성일 22-11-21 11:18

본문

해마다 이맘 때가 되면 괜히 마음이 더 분주해지고 “올해가 시작한 지가 엊그제 같은데 벌써 일 년이 다 지나갔네” 라는 말도 한 번씩은 꼭 듣게 됩니다. 

그리고 이제 곧 다가올 추수감사절을 맞이하여 그동안 당연시 여겼던 상황과 사람들에 대해 감사한 마음을 표현하게 됩니다.  

오늘 감사 주일을 보내는 여러분은 어떤 것에 대해 감사하고 계십니까?   

제가 능력교회 성도님들에게 감사해야 할 것 몇 가지를 제안하려고 합니다.  첫번째는 부족함에 대한 감사이고 두 번째는 허물에 대한 감사입니다.  

이 두 가지 감사할 내용들은 본인에게도 또 상대방에게도 해당됩니다.  여러분은 자신들이 부족하다고 느낄 때 그것에 대해 감사해 보신 적 있으십니까?  

여러분의 허물 때문에 감사해 보신 적은 더더욱 없으셨을 것이라 생각합니다.  부족함과 허물 그 자체에 감사하라는 말씀이 아닙니다. 

우리가 감사해야 할 것은 바로 나의 부족함을 채워 줄 형제들과 자매들이 있다는 사실입니다.  상황을 바꾸어서 형제 자매 중에 부족한 모습을 보게 된다면 

그것은 내가 그의 부족함을 채워 줄 수 있는 기회이기에 감사할 수 있습니다.  마찬가지로 내가 허물이 있어서 감사한 것이 아니라 나에게 있는 

허물을 사랑으로 덮어주는 공동체가 있기에 감사해야 한다는 것입니다.  잠언 10장 12절에 “미움은 다툼을 일으켜도 사랑은 모든 허물을 가린다”고

말씀하고 있습니다.  이런 감사의 고백이 이루어질 수 있도록 우리 공동체가 서로의 부족함을 책망하고 비판하며 허물을 정죄하는 교회가 아니라, 

부족한 것을 채워 주고 허물을 주님의 사랑으로 덮는 그런 교회가 되기를 소망합니다. 

Around this time of the year, we often hear people say, “It feels like this year started not too long ago, but this year is almost over.”  It’s also a Thanksgiving season.  During this season we give thanks about people and circumstances that we often take for granted.  Let me ask you a question: What are you thankful for this year?

I would like to challenge you to be thankful for two things: First, we ought to be thankful for our deficiencies.  And second, we need to be grateful for our imperfections.  Have you ever given thanks to God when you felt inadequate? I highly doubt that you ever gave thanks for mistakes you’ve made.  This is not to say that we should be thankful for our shortcomings and flaws in themselves.  We should be thankful that we have brothers and sisters who will fill our deficiencies.  When other people are lacking something, we have opportunities to make up for their deficiencies.  In the same way, when we see imperfections from one another, the community of believers are to rise and cover their flaws with the love of Christ.  According to Proverbs 10:12, “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.”  As we celebrate this Thanksgiving Sunday, I want to challenge everyone to be filled with gratitude, so that we will not be a community who rebukes, criticizes, and condemns one another’s shortcomings and flaws, but to be a church that fills and covers one another.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.